Saturday, July 30, 2011

Passionate Faith

Today on my way home from work as I drove down the highway, I stopped at a red light. I turned to look out my window and saw street evangelists lining the road with their Bibles and signs quoting scripture, screaming at the public to turn to Christ. As I drove away I started to think about how that probably wasn't the best way to witness to people and win them for Christ. No sooner had the thought entered my head that another one immediately followed. It was like God was saying to me, "Rachel these people are so passionate about Me and are willing to be ridiculed and made fun of for My name sake. What are YOU doing for Me, to win people for the kingdom, where is your passion"? Ouch! What a reality check! What was I doing for Christ?! Though personally, street witnessing may not be my calling, I have such an opportunity everyday to let the love of God shine through me. At work, it is so easy to get into a bad mood and have a not-so-Christian attitude. However, being a child of the kingdom, I am held to a higher standard to set the example, to be the light in a place so overcome by darkness. Seeing those people on the street today brought me back to reality; a call i really needed. I encourage you to live everyday with that passion for Christ, that absolute, all-consuming desire for the cross. After all, He had such unconditional love toward us while we were still unwilling to hear, like so many of those people driving by. The Lord, like those street evangelists, is screaming at His people to turn and run to Him. So what will we do; will we just drive by? I encourage you to step up wherever you are in everyday life and take advantage of your situation. You never know what might happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment