Sunday, October 24, 2010

One season.

Be careful not to judge someone based on one season in their life.

I read this somewhere the other day and it really resonated with me. How often we so quickly judge someone because of their present situation or because of one choice they make. We don't know their story or situation, yet we feel that we have the authority to judge them. We have all made bad choices, and we all will continue to at one time or another. How fortunate we are to have a God that forgives us and doesn't hold against us the wrong things we do. How can we take that grace and turn around and make assumptions about someone else? It doesn't seem fair now that you think about it, huh? We pass the homeless person on the road and assume they made choices that got them there, that it was their fault. This is not always the case. People end up in situations that they could not control all the time. I know that I have judged people for the situation they are in or because of a decision they made. My heart overflows when I think about how blessed i am that the Lord hasn't changed His opinion of me because of stupid things I have done, or choices I have made. How undeserving I am of love so great, so pure and relentless. I hope that we will all take a step back before we judge a person. Think about what choices you have made and how the Lord has forgiven you for them. Don't assume you know the story, because in all honesty, you probably don't. Love people because God tells us to. Remember, He loved you first.

No comments:

Post a Comment